
I made a decision 5 years ago to no longer do for hire photography. Nowadays, besides my day job, I like to only work on passion projects. I absolutely love coming up with scenes in my head and turning them into an image. My other loves, fiction writing, screenplays, and filmmaking play a role in my photography. It's far cheaper to create a still scene than to make a movie.Often the models working with me end up asking, who is this for? My answer for the last few years has been, for me. It's simply my creative outlet. But, frankly, the budgets for my shoots can run between 1,000 - 1,500 dollars.I sometimes stop and ask myself, what am I doing this for? I spend a good amount of cash, spend sometimes months storyboarding, planning, finding the right talent to work with, props, outfits, locations all to get what's in my head out.And what do I amass? A private collection of photographs largely only friends and family see and peace of mind for having accomplished what I set out to do.It just seems like I should do more than that, but I don't know what to do with it. via /r/photography http://ift.tt/2fYlRnx
No comments:
Post a Comment