Saturday 5 October 2019

Autofocus for video not working (Canon EOS Rebel T5)


Hello lovely people!- So, I am having trouble trying to film a video of myself singing on my Canon EoS Rebel T5. It is consistently completely out of focus even though I have it on AF mode. I'm just a blur. Even though I stood there for probably forty-five seconds it never focused on me even though there was nothing there but me and a blank wall.- Maybe I'm just dumb, but - the autofocus feature in a video should work on its own without you having to do anything further once you switch AF on, right? You shouldn't need another person behind the camera to tell it to focus on you, or anything like that? There's physically no way I can reach to make it focus on me once I'm already in place. Am I missing something?- I tried cleaning the lens contacts, switched it from AF to MF and back, and checked the diopter. No dust on the mirror; no smudges on the lens. I take good care of the camera and have not used it much in the past year so I would say physical damage is very unlikely (I did move recently, and I traveled with it about a year ago, but I didn't drop it or anything).What should I do? Should I take it to the doctor? Is this a serious problem? Or is this model just not equipped for this?Sorry if these are dumb questions. I used to do a lot of photography but I've never videoed anything on my camera (or taken photos of myself with it) before. And in an effort to stave off those "you shouldn't get an expensive camera if you don't know how to use it" type comments - I do know how to use it, just not for videos. Thanks. :)- Thank you so much in advance; any help is greatly appreciated! via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2LRrS8J

No comments:

Post a Comment