Sunday 6 October 2019

Holy. Crap. Picked up a film camera (Asahi Pentax Spotmatic) after using a camera phone for the entire decade and I'm fucking hooked.


Holy crap, I'm addicted to photography in a way I never thought possible. I mean, I like taking photos of course or I otherwise wouldn't buy a film camera but I never expected it to feel this way or be such an adventure. I liked it before but with a real camera, i can't stop thinking about it.Today during the day I read books and watched lectures/videos on film cameras and composition/photo technique then went to work. Immediately after leaving work (midnight) I took my camera out with me and ended up taking photos for two hours. It's now 2 in the morning and I just finished. I went on an adventure for some photos and reshot the ones I did prior but with different settings now that I understand aperture, shutter speed;etc. Not only that but I encountered a woman playing with her kids in the park at midnight. I made a quick stop and snapped a few quickies. Then I went to Ihop and took some there. When I got home I snuck up on the neighbors cat like it was a Pokemon, turned my aperture alllll the way up in the dead of the night and snapped.Looked at the weather for tomorrow and it's completely sunny so I'm going to go take some street photos of people living their lives. Learning to be sneaky about the camera and not disturb things is a battle. I love it.I love the tension. I get an adrenaline rush in how I hold my breath, try to compose as best as i can, shoot, and release my breath. It's so exhilarating.I love this so much. On top of that, I have no fucking idea how my photos will turn out. It's making me shoot every shot with a purpose. I change the settings to accommodate the appropriate lighting and compose the composition in my head before I snap. It's so easy to snap and yet so contemplative. Yesterday I went to Waffle House and waited for a waiter to get into the right position of the frame for two minutes straight.I'm in my 30's and can't believe I've fallen in love like this. I am hooked! via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2npKVO6

No comments:

Post a Comment