Sunday 6 October 2019

Noob mistake. Scared I ruined my sensor??


I'm brand new to photography. I bought a used Sony A6000 a few weeks ago that I've been really enjoying using and getting familiar with. Unfortunately being the total noob that I am, about a week ago I got a lens cleaning pen to clean my glass of with. During the process I figured, "Oh hey, there's some dust on the sensor. I'll brush that real quick too!" After the brush I did a quick pass over the sensor with a small microfiber cloth that came with the lens. I know, right? If only I had researched how to clean the sensor before I started jabbing at it...So now upon further inspection I see these two spots on the sensor that almost look like two tiny little air bubbles. I can't see the spots when I'm shooting except when I did a test that I saw online that tells you to aim at a sheet of white paper and defocus at a high aperture. I saw a couple of little spots when I did that. Here are pics:https://ift.tt/2IwG6tI do feel like a lot of my photos are coming out slightly out of focus whether I use auto or manual, but this could be a total user error. I've read some about cleaning the sensor with a special mopping contraption, but at this point I'm terrified of making it worse. I'm posting these pics to see if you guys think this is actual sensor damage or just oils/dust/whatever. I'm debating using a wet cleaning method now, but if it's actual damage I don't want to make it worse.What do you think? What would you do here? Go ahead and send it in for repair or attempt a wet cleaning first? via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2ANe1dd

No comments:

Post a Comment