Wednesday 1 July 2020

Flipping cameras -- How I ended up with a Nikon D3400 + 18-55 AF VR + 80-300 Nikon Zoom FREE


I buy cameras at Phoenix area Pawn Shops. Right now I'm shooting a Nikon D3400 with AF/VR lens. It cost me zero. How? I bought a D70 for $100 at a pawn store sans battery, charger & memory card, added those (eBay) plus a tripod, lens cap, USB cable and a cheap bag from a thrift store, sold the entire setup for $225 on Craigslist. Novices want a COMPLETE package.Did the same thing with a D3200. $250 in profit ahead at this point.I checked the shutter count, took a shot or two inside the store and outside, reviewed it, looked at the lens for scratches, body for dents/damage, adn rolled the dice.Now I"m into the D3400 I bought for $150, spent the other $100 plus $50 of my own to buy a super duper lens vibration-reduction autofocus Nikon 18-55 lens, AND have a 80-300 I picked up on the D3200, which I sent out with the non-VR lens came with the 3400.I've quit leapfrogging. A D5600 is so much more Nikon than I need there's no point. And I risk buying something that's BROKEN in some way I can't detect every time I "flip" a camera.I ALMOSt bought a 600MM Nikon zoom for $500 but just couldn't pull the trigger. They told me later they sold it on Ebay for over $1000.There's a guy MAKING A MARKET in Nikon in south Phoenix, near South Mountain, you can find him via Craigslist. You can buy from him confidently and save a lotta jingle over buying new. He'll steer you right if you're not a professional photgrapher.So I ended up with a nice camera, great lenses damn near free. And most pawn shops will allow you to return something NEXT day if it doesn't work. Some require you to BUY a warranty: cheap insurance. Tip: Haul in a battery and a memory card WITH you when you go shopping for a particular model.Now I've got to put down my too-easy-to-use Coolpix and actually go shoot some pictures, lol.Just get someone who knows Nikon or Canon to go with you and go hit the pawn shops for your next camera.Or you can buy new, lol. via /r/photography https://ift.tt/3dQbhgf

No comments:

Post a Comment