Thursday 2 July 2020

How to ask local photo/videographers for an (unpaid) internship / to be a second shooter / get experience over the summer?


I am 16 and live in an area with a decent amount of photographers. What advice would you give me?1.What help can I offer a photographer? What would they need/expect from an assistant?2.Is 16 too young to be trusted to help on a wedding shoot, even if I am mature?3.How should I reach out to them? My main two ideas are to send individual messages to photographer's contact email/instagram Dy (I worry they would be annoyed at a non-client messaging them), or to post on local facebook groups.4.What should I include? So far I have thought of including what gear I have, some sort of portfolio, programs I am proficient at, and a brief introduction about me and what I hope to learn from helping them. Anything else?My portfolio would be someting like this, removing some of the worse photos, and adding some product photography I have done. https://ift.tt/3isHnlC to anyone who can give me advice. via /r/photography https://ift.tt/38kEWNA

No comments:

Post a Comment