Wednesday 16 December 2020

Image Usage Help


Hey all!A mid-sized (150m/yr) company in the outdoor industry I would like to work with in the future reached out to me about using an image I posted to social media. This image was a passion project and featured their product, though it was not the sole focus. I tagged them in the image to get their attention.They commented on the image asking to share it on socials, which I of course agreed to.They then DM’d me and said:“Hi ___, thank you so much for allowing us to repost your image! We would also love to print it in our internal catalog, is this something you would be okay with?”I am a professional in the industry and while I allow spec work to be shared for free on social media, I do not feel it should be used for any further ad or print usage without a licensing fee or contract.I want to use this first exposure/communications to leverage a relationship that will lead to paid projects and not burn a bridge by immediately asking for money for this one image.How should I go about this? Ask for an email to further lay out the usage rights? Say “sure” and move on? via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2K9nyng

No comments:

Post a Comment