Monday 14 December 2020

Ladies, how do you get around the issues with being a female photographer?


Maybe this is just my personal experience but I find it so frustrating being female and into (non-studio) photography. I’d love to do more street/night/adventure shoots that perhaps mean I have to camp out and wait for the dawn, or go to a remote spot on my own, but I don’t because of fear of being attacked or assaulted, and most times I’ve tried to do street photography I’ve had so much trouble ranging from unwanted male attention to outright aggression. I know guys are at risk of these things too but I don’t think I’m being unrealistic to say women are often at more risk. It gets to me so much because I see loads of male photographers doing the things I want to, and I feel held back from getting the sort of shots I want. I’ve tried to get friends to come with me but they just won’t.In theory I suppose I could just do these things and deal with the consequences, but is it really worth it? Like most women I’ve been assaulted at various times in my life so it’s not an unfounded fear.How does anyone else deal with this? Or can even just relate? via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2K5kPuT

No comments:

Post a Comment