Friday 11 August 2017

All those too-yellow pictures...


Embarrassing story time:I am an amateur photographer, taking pics of birds and cats and horses in competitions, mostly. I have a Nikon D7100.For a while now, I got pissed off because whenever I came home to edit my pics on Photoshop, I found them too yellow. Not aggressively so, but still.I played with white balance on my camera for a while, but nothing seemed to do the trick. So, I resigned to adjusting the colors on almost every single photo I took.Yesterday, I looked at the wall in my apartment and realized the color was a bit... off. And TOO YELLOW. I took off my glasses, and then it hit me. My glasses have acquired a yellow tint over the years (I've had them for a decade now, I think). It's not very dramatic, but noticeable, especially now, that I am aware of that.And of course, that made me see an annoying, non-existent yellow tint on my pictures. Well, now. Don't I feel sheepish.I don't feel like replacing the glasses, because my eyesight demands high quality lenses that cost a lot of money. I actually googled "yellow tinted glasses" and found that they are sold as eye-relaxing glasses for people who work on a computer for long periods of time (like me). So, my point of view is a bit yellow now. My pictures, however, might be a bit too blue... via /r/photography http://ift.tt/2uw35vL

No comments:

Post a Comment