Saturday 5 October 2019

First post: Need help with wording a response to a client (partly a vent).


I just did a gorgeous sunrise session with a family in my neighborhood and have spent more than a few hours going through and carefully editing the photos so they look their best. Today, as we were discussing how best to set up the viewing session and choosing the shots she likes the most (I include 25-30 images with my sessions and have a gallery of 56 from this shoot for her to pick from), she straight up mentioned that she wants the editable files and intends to "put filters on them and maybe make them black and white".My current plan is to point out that my print release already contains a clause that explicitly states the photos are not to be further edited or retouched, and that under no circumstances do I give out my raw files. The part I'm having some trouble with is that I'm in a new state and trying to build my business out here. Her family is my first paid shoot since moving and I don't want to unduly upset a prominent figure in the neighborhood and cost myself future business. At the same time, I'm livid that she's already telling me she's going to undo the hours of work I've put in to her photos.How have you dealt with a similar situation? via /r/photography https://ift.tt/30Qfzhc

No comments:

Post a Comment