Thursday 3 October 2019

PSA from beginning photographer


Meant of beginning photographers, like me. tl;dr at the bottomAbout a week ago I returned from a 5 day trip to New York City. I was excited because I my first interchangeable lens camera, a Sony a6000. So after getting home at around 10 o clock from the airport I just went to bed since I was tired and jet lagged. I work up the next day and transfered all of my photos to my laptop and just glanced at a few of them. A few days later I am not tired anymore and decide to edit all of my photos. Boy was I not expecting how many photos there were. In total I took 7600 photos in just 5 days. How could it be? So when I was looking at cameras to buy I was tired of my Canon PowerShot being so slow so I wanted something fast. Which is why in the end I got the a6000. I thought it would be best to have the drive mode on the highest so it would be the 11 fps shooting which made me buy the camera. So while looking through the photos there are 10s of photos of the exact same scenes for literally no reason. Another thing is I had to use two sd cards, one 128GB and one 32GB. So now it's so annoying to have to scroll through 7000 picture to find good ones that I don't even want to touch it. So I'd you have a camera with a high fps, don't be like me. Set the setting at either low or mid. Also carry extra as cards with you if you can't transfer them somewhere.tl;dr I took 30 frames of the same scene and ended up with 7000 photos and two full sd cards. via /r/photography https://ift.tt/2LHVNQG

No comments:

Post a Comment