Thursday 3 October 2019

Dropped my Tamron 70-200 F/2.8 'G1,' where should I go next?


My old 70-200 took a small fall onto a coin and cracked the little focus distance window. This must've jammed something up somewhere because, while all rings move and the zoom elements still have a nice operation, the focus ring doesn't move anything, the distance marker doesn't move and the lens makes a screeching noise when I attempt to autofocus.As none of the larger elements are broken, I reckon this could be a cheapish repair. What are some decent options for lens repair in the UK? Right now I'm looking at Jessops, and am considering Tamron though the lens isn't in warranty so this might be more expensive.In the event this repair is too expensive - I'm considering anything more than £250 a write off due to the age and heavy use of the lens - I'm gonna buy somehting used, probably off of MPB (also open to other suggestions here). What's a good bet for a Nikon-fit 70-200 2.8, ideally under ~£700 ish. That more or less rules out the G2, and I'd probably wanna go beyond the G1 at that price point. Is the Nikon 2.8G VRII relevant still?Any other options I might've missed? via /r/photography https://ift.tt/332WUjS

No comments:

Post a Comment